Friday 6 December 2013

Christmas Baking: Shortbread cookies

It's December which means baking! And lots of it. 
Being a student, it's hard for me to afford presents for all my loved ones. So I try to make up for it with some Christmas treats. Anyone remember warm shortbread, fresh out of the oven from grandmas? I recreated the recipe for you to try- only 4 ingredients, and your family will love them!
Unfortunately, I can't eat them because they aren't Paleo :( so you will have to let me know how they taste! My friends only have good things to say so far!

You will need:
1 cup of melted butter
1/2 cup of confectioners sugar
1/4 cup of corn starch 
1 and 1/2 cups of white flour
***Optional: colour candied sugar, icing

Prep:
1. Preheat oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. With beaters, blend together butter while slowly adding the rest of the ingredients.
3. Now here's the fun part. You can either:
a) Place the dough by spoonfuls on to the cooking sheet
b) OR you can use cookie cutters. I have an assorted bunch for every holiday/season of the year, so I use them any chance that I get to use them. Cut cookies into desired shapes and place on tray, evenly spaced apart. If adding candied sugar, make sure to sprinkle on the cookies before putting them in the oven.


4. Put in oven for 12 minutes, or until edges turn a VERY light brown. If desired, when they are cooled, you can decorate them with icing! Enjoy with a big glass of milk and this lovely Christmas playlist:
http://8tracks.com/alex4601/christmas-classics






No comments:

Post a Comment